Friday, April 25, 2014

Hiatus

Well, it's been more than 3 years since my last blog entry.  And more than 3 years since I have officially finished a painting.  I've been dying to get back into the studio. And I won't even begin to acknowledge the guilt I feel that I've neglected my career, my passion during this time.


It has been an incredibly challenging, yet wonderful 3 years.  Before my son turned one year old, we learned that we were expecting again.  And my husband and I welcomed another little girl into our lives in October 2012.  But just a week before I gave birth, I fractured my right shoulder!


This is what's really been keeping me busy the last few years. 
Photo by Karolina Bak Photography 2014

So, not only was my family dealing with the realities of raising three children 5-years-old and under; but I was also undergoing intensive physiotherapy and hydrotherapy to get my shoulder sorted. 

Now, I don't think anyone is even reading this blog.  But I do want to send a very sincere thank you to those few who have remained supportive of my career and continue to ask if I have any new paintings.  And thank you to everyone who has been so kind to continue to still "like" me on Facebook.

Please do stay tuned.  The pieces of "my life" that have been temporarily overshadowed by my "mummy" life are slowly but surely returning.  I can't wait to get my ideas straight onto canvas and share them with you all.  In the meantime, please feel free to check out my still-not-updated website for examples of my work.  Or my other blog for behind-the-scenes peeks at past works-in-progress or other doodles and visual ramblings...

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment